Why do people go on cruise ships? Probably because they are budget friendly. Let me give you a little eye opener in the world of a private charter yacht vacation vs. public cruise ships. There is really no comparison! Only one is all-inclusive.
The first thing we should mention is hidden costs. A lot of people are under the impression that a cruise ship is all inclusive. In reality it’s far from it, but a private charter yacht vacation is and there are no hidden costs!
1. Food…On a cruise ship the food is all-inclusive, that is until you want to dine somewhere other than the main dining room or a buffet. If you want fine dining, you are going to pay for it. There are many for-fee restaurants and even ice cream shops on cruise ships these days. On a private charter yacht vacation it’s all-inclusive. Not only is it all-inclusive, but YOU pick out in advance the kinds of drinks YOU want, the kinds of snacks YOU want, the kinds of food YOU don’t want. It’s catered to YOU.
Do you want to eat food that was prepared for thousands of people, that thousands of people are picking through? Or eat food that was prepared just for you with people you love?
2. Off shore excursions…These can cost you a lot on a cruise ship. They see you coming at these destinations and can sometimes double the cost on those days. A private charter yacht vacation has all kinds of toys on board that are there for you to use at no cost. Anything from stand up paddle boards to snorkeling gear. And the best part, you use them when you want to use them. Not from 9-12 or when the ship tells you. You also don’t wait in lines to get to do them and you definitely aren’t doing these activities with a bunch of people you don’t know. You are doing them with your friends and family that you chose to vacation with.
Do you want to pay to snorkel with a bunch of people you don’t know that keep knocking your mask off because it’s so crowded? Or do you want to jump in when you please with a little privacy?
3. Alcohol…This can get expensive on a cruise ship and that’s because it’s not included. On a a private charter yacht you tell the crew what wine, beer, and alcohol you want. You even tell them how much you want. This is a no brainer to me.
Do you want to pay extra for alcohol and sit inside at a bar with ugly neon lights? Or do you want to have a drink when you want it, wherever you want it?
4. The people…while on a cruise ship you are surrounded by THOUSANDS of people you don’t even know. These could be crazy annoying teenagers, they could be people who forgot their deodorant, it could be that one drunk obnoxious guy. You just never know. Not to mention the nasty viruses and diseases that these people you don’t know carry. Do you really want to be sick on your vacation? On a private charter yacht vacation you are surrounded by the people you chose to go on vacation with. Your family or closest friends. People you love and enjoy spending time with. And what’s even better, the crews on these yachts are so awesome that you will end up calling them friends by the time you leave. I seriously doubt that happens on a cruise ship.
Do you want to have to put up with “drunk guy” all week? Or do you want to hang out with your family and friends?
5. Herded around like cattle…On a cruise ship they tell you what to do and when to do it. On a private charter yacht vacation you are on your time. You want to sleep in this morning and eat breakfast at 10:30..ok. You want to jump off the side of the boat for a swim at midnight..ok. You want to snorkel, come up for a snack, and go back and snorkel again..ok. It’s up to you. This is YOUR vacation, not you and 3,000 other people.
Do you want to hang out with thousands of people? Or hang out with the one you love on the privacy of your own yacht?
These are just a few of the examples of why a private yacht charter vacation in the Virgin Islands is better than a vacation on a cruise ship. The value you will get from a private charter yacht vacation well exceeds the value you will get from a cruise ship. Put me on a yacht with my closest friends and family doing what I want to do when I want to do it and eating and drinking what I want to eat and drink for around the same price per person any day of the week! So what are your thoughts? What do you prefer, yacht charter or cruise ship?
This is a photo I took while in St. Thomas of one of our yachts, Stargazer, next to the world’s largest cruise ship. I would take the private charter yacht over that obstruction any day!
Private Charter Yacht Vacation
Please visit the BVI yacht charters page to learn more about what to expect on a private yacht charter vacation.
Please “like” our facebook page.